The information provided in the above link is for young people affected by stress related to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). There is a helpful interactive guide on stress that some may find helpful.
eheadspace provides free online and telephone support and counselling to young people 12 – 25 and their families and friends. If you’re based in Australia and going through a tough time, eheadspace can help.
- Online chat: click here to register
- Phone: 1800 650 890 9am-1am (AEDST)
Beyond Blue Support Service offers short-term counselling and referrals via phone and online chat.
- Online chat: click here for more information
- Phone: 1300 224 636 24 hours/ 7 days a week
There is also a specific page on coping during the Covid-19 outbreak on Beyond Blue’s online forum community. This can be found here
Lifeline’s telephone, text and webchat services will continue to operate as normal during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Phone: 13 11 14 24 hours/ 7 days a week
- Lifeline text: 0477 131 114 6pm- midnight (AEDT)/ 7 days a week
- Lifeline webchat: click here. 7pm-midnight (AEDT)/ 7 days a week
The above link provides a bunch of great resources and tips on ways to manage your wellbeing through the COVID-19 outbreak including ‘10 ways to take care of yourself during coronavirus’.
Places where you can find reputable information
- Australian Department of Health – http://www.health.gov.au
- World Health Organisation – http://www.who.int
- Smart Traveller (information for Australian travellers) – https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/news-and-updates/coronavirus-covid-19
QLD Specific contacts
Parentline (QLD/ NT)
Parentline is a confidential telephone service providing professional counselling and support in Queensland and the Northern Territory.
- Ph: 1300 30 1300 8am-10pm 7 days/ week
- Webchat 8am-9pm 7 days/ week
Triple P- Positive Parenting Program
Triple P is an internationally-acclaimed parenting program which is offered free to all Queensland parents and carers of children up to 16 years of age.
- Triple Online– Get all the positive parenting strategies in an eight-module course you do whenever, wherever you want.
We provide emergency transport and accommodation, as well as crisis counselling and safety planning to help Queensland women, men, children and pets find pathways to safety, away from domestic, family and sexual violence.
- QLD DVConnect Womensline: 1800 811 811 24 hours 7 days/ week
- QLD DVConnect Mensline: 1800 600 636 9am-midnight 7 days/ week
1800RESPECT is Australia’s national sexual assault, domestic and family violence support service. The service provides information, referrals and counselling 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- Ph: 1800 737 732 24 hours 7 days/ week
- Webchat 24 hours 7 days/ week