The much anticipated Summer 6s are back at Toowong FC in 2023! The competition kicks off the week of 16 October 2023 and will run for eight weeks.
Summer 6s is all about providing a fun, fast, social format of the game during the off-season. It involves six players on each team on a modified, smaller pitch. Teams can have a maximum of ten registered players.
Due to the popularity of our summer competitions, there are limited spaces in several competitions and age groups, with returning teams given priority access to team nominations.
All of our competitions are now full.
What is Summer 6s?
With a large emphasis on fun, fitness and social benefits that only a team sport can offer, it is suitable for people of all age and skill levels. Summer 6s is perfect for current players who want to keep active over the summer, those who have played but don’t have time to dedicate to a full winter season, and individuals who just want to have some fun with friends. It’s also a great opportunity for new participants to begin playing football in a fun and social setting.
Click here to read the rules.
Our canteen will be open for players and spectators on game nights.
Who Can Play?
At Toowong, we will run the following competitions in 2023:
- Junior Age Groups – We are planning to field teams from U8 to U13, including a separate competition for girls only teams. Teams can be mixed age groups
- Senior Age Groups – Open Women, Open Mixed and Over 35s Men
Where Will Matches Be Played?
All matches will be played at Dunmore Park.
When Will Matches Be Played?
Games will be played on the following nights:
- Monday evenings 6:30 – 9pm – Open Women, Open Mixed & Over 35s Men
- Friday evenings 5:40 – 7.20pm – U8 to U13s
The competition starts the week of Monday 16 October for seniors, and Friday 20 October for juniors, and will run for 8 weeks.
The competition costs are:
- Adults: $95 per player
- Juniors: $85 per player
- No additional or hidden fees
- Referees provided for all games
All players must be registered and have paid their fees fully before the competition starts on 16 October.
How To Register & Pay?
To register for the 2023 Summer 6s, follow the two steps below:
Step 1 – Register a Team (CLOSED)
Once you have your team sorted, a Team Manager (or organiser) should complete one Team Nomination Form to register a team place.
Note: The Team Manager won’t need to coach your team from week-to-week, they’re just needed to confirm the initial team listings.
To register your team:
- Click here to access the team nomination form (only one form to be submitted for each team)
- Team registration closes 15 September (or once team registration limits are reached)
- You will receive an email confirming your nomination after filling out the form, and once competition structures are confirmed, you’ll receive an email from the Summer Sixes Coordinator confirming your team’s place.
Step 2 – Register to play (OPEN NOW)
Only players associated with a team confirmed to be playing Summer Sixes at Toowong FC in 2023 can register. If unsure, check with your Team Manager prior to registering.
Players who are members of a team will register via this link in Squadi.
TROUBLESHOOTING – You may need to register a profile in Squadi first if you haven’t used it before, then click back via the link above to access the Summer Sixes registration portal.
PLEASE SELECT CAREFULLY – there is a package for those that have already registered for FQ-affiliated club football in 2023 and for those who didn’t – this is to minimise the overall insurance premiums, keeping costs down.
Your name will be cross-referenced against the team list provided by your Team Manager.
Team Managers have been sent detailed instructions, so please check in with them first regarding registration if you have any issues.
Need more information or have questions? – Email firstname.lastname@example.org