The much anticipated Summer 6s are back at Toowong FC in 2022! The competition kicks off the week of 17 October 2022 and will run for eight weeks.
Summer 6s is all about providing a fun, fast, social format of the game during the off-season. It involves six players on each team on a modified, smaller pitch. Teams can have a maximum of ten registered players.
What is Summer 6s?
With a large emphasis on fun, fitness and social benefits that only a team sport can offer, it is suitable for people of all age and skill levels. Summer 6s is perfect for current players who want to keep active over the summer, those who have played but don’t have time to dedicate to a full winter season, and individuals who just want to have some fun with friends. It’s also a great opportunity for new participants to begin playing football in a fun and social setting.
Click here to read the rules.
Our canteen will be open for players and spectators on game nights, selling snacks and cold drinks (as we are still in flood recovery mode).
Who Can Play?
At Toowong, we will run the following competitions in 2022:
- Junior Age Groups – We are planning to field teams from U7 to U12/13, including a separate competition for girls only teams (if numbers allow). Teams can be mixed age groups
- Senior Age Groups – Open Women, Open Men, Open Mixed and Over 35s Men
Update 5 Sept: All of our competitions are now full.
Where Will Matches Be Played?
All matches will be played at Dunmore Park.
When Will Matches Be Played?
Games will be played on the following nights:
- Monday evenings (6.30pm, 7.30pm and 8.30pm kickoff) – Open Men, Open Women, Open Mixed & Over 35s Men
- Friday evenings (5.40pm and 6.30pm kickoff) – U7 to U13/14s
The competition starts the week of Monday 17 October 2022 for seniors, and Friday 21 October for juniors, and will run for 8 weeks.
The competition costs are:
- $95 per player for seniors
- $85 per player for juniors (price for juniors includes a limited-edition TFC Summer 6s souvenir)
- No additional or hidden fees – prices are consistent for all players in each age group
- Referees provided for all games
All players must be registered and have paid their fees fully before the competition starts on 17 October.
How To Register & Pay?
To register for the 2022 Summer 6s, follow the two steps below:
Step 1 – Register a Team
Update 5 Sept – All competitions are now full.
Once you have your team sorted, a Team Manager (or organiser) should complete one Team Nomination Form to register a team place.
Note: The Team Manager won’t need to coach your team from week-to-week, they’re just needed to confirm the initial team listings.
To register your team:
- Click here and select “New Team Registration” (only one form to be submitted for each team!)
- Team registration closes 16 September 2022 (or once team registration limits are reached)
Step 2 – Register to play (OPEN NOW)
Players who are members of a team can register using the PlayFootball portal located here.
PLEASE SELECT CAREFULLY – there is a package for those that have already registered for FQ-affiliated club football in 2022 (including volunteers and team officials) and for those who didn’t – this is to minimise the overall insurance premiums, keeping costs down.
Check that you are being charged the correct total amount prior to completing your registration. If you are being charged more or less than our advertised fee ($95 for seniors and $85 for juniors), you may have selected the wrong package.
Your name will be cross-referenced against the team list provided by your Team Manager.
Need more information or have questions? – Email email@example.com