Update from Toowong FC Committee – Wednesday 16 March
It’s only been two weeks since the waters receded, but we’re making steady progress at Dunmore Park to get back up and running. Our committee members have put an enormous effort into the flood recovery work (on top of the busy start of season activities), enabling us to return to football activities quicker than initially expected.
Both of our fields held up well and are safe to use. Brisbane City Council’s recommendation is that participants wash their hands after using the fields, which is a good habit to get into anyway.
We’re partially back online with field lighting, and will hopefully have full lighting returned at the end of this week.
|17 March||6.30 to 7.15pm – Shorts and socks available for sale at the Club (for U13-U16 and senior players)|
|18 to 20 March||Junior (U13-16) and Senior teams commence games (all games will be away this weekend)|
|21 March||Regular training schedule recommences|
|23 & 24 March||Miniroos (U6-12) training commences|
|25 March||Masters teams commence games|
What to know about our facilities at Dunmore Park
- Canteen – our canteen was completely destroyed and will be closed for the foreseeable future. We’re working to secure funding to get it back up and running as quickly as we can, and will likely reopen it in stages (e.g. cold drinks & snacks initially).
- Merchandise and uniform sales – we’re still working to get our stock inventoried, so there may be some delays in ordering and purchasing. Our priority is to get players ready with shorts, socks and jerseys to play in, so we appreciate your patience while that is sorted.
- Changeroom facilities – access will be limited at times while building works are progressively completed. Utilities like hot water are yet to be reconnected, so showers are currently unavailable.
- No access areas – some parts of the clubhouse will be roped off as “No access” areas during flood recovery work, so please follow any signed requests.
- Building repairs are continuing, with building inspections taking place next week. A plan of works will follow, at which point we’ll call out for help with some cleaning/repairs and minor construction work (e.g. installing plasterboard, painting, shelf assembly).
- Games at Dunmore Park will recommence once field lighting is reestablished and our spectator toilet facilities are back online (currently aiming for games to start back from 25 March).