Summer 6s are back at Toowong FC in 2020, following an extended winter season.
The competition kicks off 13 November 2020 and will run for an action-packed five weeks.
What is Summer 6s?
Summer 6s is all about providing a fun, fast, social format of the game during the off-season. It involves 6 players on each team on a modified, smaller pitch. Teams can have a maximum of ten registered players.
With a large emphasis on fun, fitness and social benefits that only a team sport can offer, it is suitable for people of all age and skill levels. Summer 6s is perfect for current players who want to keep active over the summer, those who have played but don’t have time to dedicate to a full winter season, individuals who just want to have some fun with friends and it is also a great opportunity for new participants to begin playing football in a fun and social setting.
Our canteen will be open for players and spectators on game nights.
Who Can Play?
At Toowong, we will run the following competitions in 2020:
- Junior Age Groups – We are planning to field teams from U8 to U12/13. Teams can be mixed age groups.
- Girls Comp. – Individual players between 8 and 12 years old can register to join the fun. This will be a separate set of games, run by Toowong FC coaches.
- Senior Age Groups – Open Womens, Open Mixed and Over 35s Men
Where Will Matches Be Played?
All matches will be played at Dunmore Park.
Football activities at Toowong FC operate under a COVID Safe Plan that requires all participants (players, spectators and officials) to:
- Stay home if they’re unwell.
- Practice good personal hygiene at all times.
- Log attendance with our online attendance form (or using QR codes around Dunmore Park).
- Practice physical distancing off-field (family groups must stay 1.5m apart, and everyone must follow signs and directions regarding limited access to some of our facilities).
Click here to see more information about the COVID-19 requirements.
When Will Matches Be Played?
Games will be played on the following nights:
- Monday and Thursday evenings (nine rounds) – Open Men, Open Women, Open Mixed & Over 35s
- Friday evenings (five rounds) – U8 to U12s
The competition starts the week of Friday 13 November 2020 for juniors, and Monday 16 November for seniors, and will run for 5 weeks.
The competition costs are:
- $50 for juniors per player
- $90 for adults per player
- No additional or hidden fees
- Referees provided for all games
- All players must be registered and have paid their fees fully before the competition starts
How To Register & Pay?
To register for the 2020 Summer 6s, follow the two steps below:
Step 1 – Register a Team (if you are a Team Manager)
If you already have your team sorted, a Team Manager (or organiser) should complete one Team Nomination Form to register a team place.
Note: The Team Manager won’t need to coach or organise your team from week-to-week, they’re just needed to confirm the initial team listings.
To register your team:
- Team nominations are now closed.
- If you only have one or two players, send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to find you a team.
Step 2 – Register to play (open now!)
- Each player registers and pays individually. Click >> here << to register using the PlayFootball portal
- PLEASE SELECT CAREFULLY – there is a package for players that have played club football in 2020 and for those who haven’t (this is to minimise the overall insurance premiums FQ pays, keeping costs down). Note, players who participated in the Mitchelton Over 35s competition in the winter season must register as ‘no club football’ to be covered by insurance.
- Your name will be cross-referenced against the team list provided by your Team Manager
- If you don’t have a team, hold off on registering and send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can try to find you a team.
Summer 6s rules
Click here to read the rules.