Starting in October 2019
Toowong FC is proud to announce a unique program for girls and ladies to come along and try football over a 9 week period, at no cost to the participants.
Our primary aim is to encourage participation in football for girls and women who have not previously played, in particular those families that would not normally get the chance to try a new sport in a fun, safe and structured environment.
Supported by a Queensland Governments Get Going Clubs grant the program will provide:
- 9 weeks of qualified coaching and engagement at no cost for up to 40 girls aged 5-10 and 30 women aged over 25 who have never played organised football before
- The hour long weekly sessions will be held Tuesdays at Dunmore Park, Auchenflower starting on 22 October (time 5.45pm)
- The project will be led by our Director of Female Participation Karen Muir, supported by qualified female coaches who are already members of the Club
We intend to work with local schools to identify those children, and hopefully female parents, that will benefit the most from this initiative, then open the remaining spots to other registrations.
Both age groups will participate in parallel at the same time, allowing any parents to engage and immerse for their session.
The 9 week program will follow a similar framework for both age groups:
- initial fun games to introduce new players to the core skills
- Small sided games to finish each hour and hone those skills!
We expect this program will be very popular, so please register below to book your spot!
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com