Summer 6s are back!
Summer 6s are back at Toowong FC, bigger and better than ever before.
The competition kicks off the week of 14 October 2019 and will run for 9 weeks.
What is Summer 6s?
Summer6s is all about providing a fun, fast, social format of the game during the off-season. It involves 6 players on each team on a modified, smaller pitch. Teams can have maximum of 10 registered players.
With a large emphasis on fun, fitness and social benefits that only a team sport can offer, it is suitable for people of all age and skill levels. Summer 6s is perfect for current players who want to keep active over the summer, those who have played but don’t have time to dedicate to a full winter season, individuals who just want to have some fun with friends and it is also a great opportunity for new participants to begin playing football in a fun and social setting.
Who Can Play?
At Toowong, we will run the following competitions in 2019:
- Little Peoples – U6/7 on small fields (extension of our winter Miniroos program)
- Junior Age Groups U8/U9, U10/U12 and U13/15
- Senior Age Groups – Open Mens, Open Womens, Open Mixed and Over 35s Men
Where Will Matches Be Played?
All matches will be played at Dunmore Park.
When Will Matches Be Played?
Games will be played on the following nights:
- Monday evenings – Open Men, Open Women, Open Mixed & Over 35s
- Friday evenings – U6/7, U8/U9, U10/U12, U13/U15
The competition starts the week of 14 October 2019 and will run for 9 weeks.
The competition costs are:
- $60 for Little Peoples per player
- $85 for juniors per player
- $95 for adults per player
- No additional or hidden fees
- Referees provided for all games
- All players must be registered and have paid their fees fully before the competition starts
How To Register & Pay?
To register for the 2019 Summer 6s you will need to follow the following simple process:
Step 1 – Register a Team (if you are a Team Manager)
If you already have your team sorted, a Team Manager (or organiser) should complete one Team Nomination Form to register a team place.
Note: The Team Manager won’t need to coach or organise your team from week-to-week, they’re just needed to confirm the initial team listings.
To register your team:
- Click >> here << and select “New Team Registration” (only one form to be submitted for each team!)
- Team registration closes 27th September 2019
- Your team manager will be contacted to submit your team list for the season
- If you only have one or two players drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will merge you with others
Step 2 – Register to play
- Players will register using the playfootball portal located >> here <<
- PLEASE SELECT CAREFULLY – there is a package for those that have already played in 2019 and for those new to football (this is to minimise the overall insurance premiums FQ pays, keeping costs down)
- If you already have a team, your name will be cross referenced against the team list provided by your Team Manager
- If you don’t have a team, you can still register – just pick the age group you want to be selected in and we will allocate you to a team
Need More Information? Drop us an email at email@example.com